Point William featured on this month's Birmingham Home & Garden
You might have seen Point William featured on the cover of the latest Birmingham Home and Garden magazine. The magazine says “(Point William) practically defines the tranquil lake getaway.”
The story highlights the work of Shepard and Davis architects and designer Andrew Brown. Their work really achieves a harmony between the home and the environment.
The article mentions 5 highlights of the house plan:
1. The full-size refrigerator and freezer at each end of the kitchen maximize food storage while adding a sense of symmetry to the room.
2. The bunk room above the kids’ bedrooms is perfect for sleepovers.
3. The master bedroom on the bottom floor gives the parents a quiet space away from kids and guests.
4. The inglenook makes for a quaint gathering place, intimately structured and offering views both to the lake and the stairs leading down to the house.
5. The pantry overlooks the water, offering a great view even when you’re fetching food.
We love the way these homes are arranged. If you’ve been by Point William, let us know what you think in the comments. And if you’d like to schedule a time to tour Point William, please call us at 205-994-6504.
We were busy at the grilled cheese bar on Satuday!
We had a big response to our grilled cheese bar this past weekend! Thanks to everyone who stopped by and created their own sandwich at the “bar.”
Please let us know if you have any suggestions in the comment section below. We will be making some changes and adding some things as we go, but we’re looking forward to opening up and making sandwiches on Saturdays this summer.
Follow us on Facebook for hours and updates on when we’ll be up there.
We look forward to serving up some more grilled cheese, paninis, and fries this summer!
Grilled cheese sandwiches are perfect for summertime!
What’s better on a summer Saturday than a grilled cheese and fries? We’ve got the panini press and fryer ready to go this weekend. Stop by on Saturday, June 9th between 11-4 to get some delicious gooey goodness!
You can build your own grilled cheese sandwich with specialty ingredients including basil and aioli. And we’ll be serving signature Silverock fries–you’ll have to try some out and see how they compare with some of the best french fries around the state. We’ve tried them and they are instant favorites of ours.
The sandwiches start at $4 and the ingredients are priced individually. We’ll have fries and other sides as well. Come by and see us in the cafe and let us handle lunch this weekend. We’ll see you soon!